The Academic Experience Specialist is required to have a full understanding of the current trainee base and its needs. The specialist should be able to utilize this understanding to establish relationships with the trainees and alumni, enhance communication, offer support and counseling and present available training and career options.
• Understand and explain programs and options for the equivalency, universities and continuing education
• Help new trainees to understand what to expect through their journey, in terms of work loads, support, required preparation, etc.
• Assist in Prep Doctors Open House, seminars and other recruitment activities.
• Meet regularly with international dentists and other trainees throughout their training with Prep Doctors
• Enhance academic and training experience for all trainees
• Counsel students on strategies to manage their training requirements and how to deal with stress
• Identify students needing accommodation, or missing any training requirements
• Conduct assessments and mid-course student interviews
• Talk with students as they sort through academic and personal problems
• Work with dental clinics and dentists to find placements and associate opportunities
• Liaise with experts in other institutions
• Work closely with other colleagues or individuals to identify process improvements that will help improve student experience
• Reach out to current students and alumni to educate them and offer options for Continuing Education, career assistance and/or placements
• Enhance communication with enrolled trainees
• Lead/manage projects as required
• Other customer service and sales duties
• Other duties as assigned
BASIC SKILL LEVEL REQUIREMENTS
Education: Completed a related Degree. Experience in Academic Advising, Counselling and Customer Relations
Experience: Solid experience with 7-10 years of demonstrated success.
• Ability to travel as required
• Creative, innovative, and entrepreneurial
• High energy and self-motivated with a proven ability to learn quickly and complete projects
• Sales skills and experience
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Adaptable, accountable, disciplined and dedicated
• Experience within the dental field
• Proficiency with PowerPoint, MS Excel, Word, Outlook and a willingness to learn new computer software programs as required
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon a background check, including a criminal record check.